Saturday, June 7, 2008

P.S. I love you

I had been hearing so much about this movie and how great it was I decided to buy the book on Wednesday while shopping with Miss Brainy. I came home and started reading it at bedtime (Bryan had control of the t.v. watching a cubs game). I didn't put it down until 3 a.m. when I finally finished. I love this book, it may not be the best written book I ever read (the author was only 21 when she wrote it) but man did it suck me in and make me cry! Bryan acted slightly surprised when I cuddled up to him at 3 a.m. and bawled like a baby, but by now he knows how much of a sap I can be. Well yesterday I decided that I had to go rent the movie, but the stinkin rental place was out of copies. So I told Bryan that I was just going to buy it since I knew it had to be a good movie since the book was so great. I even went on to say that even if it had horrible actors it would still be good. Bryan said, "Well what if it had a horrible director that didn't follow the book?" I couldn't even fathom the idea that someone would do that! We sat down last night to watch it, WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! Bryan was right the director butchered the book it was hardly the same, maybe a few a names where still the same but what about the 6-7 people he cut out, the setting was different (although he did use Ireland for some of it), the story line was different, the characters were so drastically different it was hard to accept some of the scenes of the movie, even the letters were different. So my point is that if you are like me and like to read the book before seeing the movie, you will be sadly disappointed by this one! I think I might have liked the movie if I hadn't read the book!

No comments: