Thursday, June 11, 2009

Portillo's

On the recommendation of our tour guide we ate at Portillo's, which turned out to be the best meal we had in Chicago. We wanted to go back again but didn't make it. If we had stayed at the original hotel we would have been just blocks away, which I think is the only thing we have found that would have made staying there worth it.
I loved walking around with all the traffic and people. Bryan was a little nervous being out and about after dark, but I could totally see myself as a big city girl!
Bryan ordered a couple Chicago dogs, which smelled as bad as they look! He would have stopped at every vendor, restaurant, cafe, or deli that served these if I would have let him. He has since bought all the fixin's and is waiting on Miss Fun to come home so that he can make them, since
no one else in our house is crazy enough to eat them.

No comments: