Friday, June 12, 2009

Snippets of Day 3- Chicago style

One of my favorite and least favorite parts of Chicago was the El Train. I do not like ridding backwards or standing up, which in a crowded train sometimes becomes your only option. I also did not care for the fabric on the seats, which in my mind only masked the possibility that the previous occupant of said seat may have had bladder control problems. Other than that our outings on the El were quite entertaining. We almost always started our trips at the Lake street stop, which was nicely lit and had the better entertainers. I regret the fact that I did not get a picture of our favorite guy. He sang a hilarious song about the love affair of his stuffed Tiger and Beyonce'. That was one time I wouldn't have minded waiting a little while longer for the train to arrive.
On this day we headed to the Shedd Aquarium. I'm sure that most people would really enjoy visiting here, but since we live so close to the Henry Doorly Zoo we are a little spoiled by the awesome aquarium there. We both agreed that the time and money spent here could have easily been better spent somewhere else (the same goes for the Field Museum which we visited the next day).
The skyline taken from the patio of the aquarium.
Yes, we found Nemo!!
A little more blue sky, teasing us, making us think that maybe the game wouldn't be wet after all! Images of the big game up next!

No comments: