Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Always more than one project going at once

While we are still busy working on the foyer/stairway project, I decided the living room needed to be updated. The paint is 4 1/2 years old and worn away, chipped, and just not the color I want anymore. Since my husband is manager of the paint area we decided to try out the new paints they are carrying. The color is Natural Wicker from Glidden. It went on very light and I was a little worried that it would be too close to the white of the trim. Luckily it did darken up and I love it. I still need to give it another coat but it already looks brighter in here.
~Before~
~After~

While trying to remove some trim in the foyer we uncovered the original oak floor! It needs to be refinished but what a great discovery.

No comments: