Saturday, March 5, 2011

Century old barn board bench

One of my first purchases for our new kitchen http://5monsters.blogspot.com/2010/07/99-complete.html was this bench. I fell in love with it when I first saw it at a local antique store (the same store I am now renting a booth in). I didn't think there was a place for it in our house so I passed it up. When I got home I noticed this empty spot in the kitchen, where all our shoes seemed to land. I measured the wall and rushed back to pick it up. This bench now has the perfect spot, great to sit down on to take your shoes off. It also sits under our Grand Central Station board, so it works great for Little Buddy to stand on when drawing on the chalk board.
I love how the boards are weathered and cracked.
Old nail holes!
Beautiful patina. I'm linking up to


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

2 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

What a beautiful old bench you have! It's so nice to find something like this and make use of it again. It has more character than a new one. Pam

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

That bench is so cool. I love the old nails and the worn color of it.